Friday, March 15, 2013

Skinnygirl Daily On-The-Go Bars


I was able to try a Skinnygirl Daily On-The-Go bar from Influenster in my SweetHeartVoxBox. I received Banana Oatmeal Dark Chocolate as you can see in the picture above. The first thing I will say about this bar is that is tastes great! I could definitely taste the banana in it but it wasn't too strongly flavored banana as the dark chocoate and granola does counteract it as well. I think this is a great combination of flavors and I will be buying more in the future since I loved the way it tasted. Also while eating the bar it didn't make a mess. There were no crumbs to clean up like I have had to do with other granola bars.

I have tried other granola bars which the ones I'm sure that come to mind are those from Quaker and Sunbelt. Now in my opinion these are definitely better taste-wise than Quaker but I will say they do compete with Sunbelt. I have always been a big fan of Sunbelt's granola bars. If you look at calories though Skinnygirl bars are 180 calories, Quaker varies but I usually get the Chocolate Chip ones and they are 100. Even the ones Quaker has that are dipped in chocolate are less at 140 calories. Quaker even has some with as low as 90 calories. Looking at Sunbelt, their chocolate chip one is 140 calories and their fudge dipped ones are 150. So as you can see when it comes to the calories, their competition does have them beat.Now I didn't look into other nutrional facts but you can always do a quick google search on your favorite bar and compare it to Skinnygirl Daily On-The-Go bars to compare on your own.

I also took a look at the prices on Amazon as I felt this was a good comparision but of course you can look around yourself. For $12.79 you can get 5 Skinnygirl On-The-Go bars; for $18.95 you can get a variety pack of 48 Quacker granola bars; and for $20.30 you can 3 packs of 10 bars(30 in total) of Sunbelt granola bars. Now I have seem better prices for both Quaker and Sunbelt in Walmart and other stores but as for Skinnygirl I have not noticed them in stores to compare.

Overall my impression of them is very good. They taste great and are less messy as well. As for how much healthier they are to other similar products, I think they need to work on that. Plus for the price they aren't too cheap compared to others as well.

Check out the Skinnygirl website for all their products: http://bit.ly/Z82f6r

Also check out the Skinnygirl Daily On-The-Go Bars Product Page on Influenster with reviews from other members: http://bit.ly/W2l6g1

*Disclosure: I received this complimentary product from Influenster. It was included in my SweetHeartVoxBox and I am not paid to try or review any products. Thank you!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment