Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Olay Fresh Effects


I receive a SweetHeartVoxBox complimentary from Influenster and in it was Olay Fresh Effects {Va-Va-Vivid!} Powered Contour Cleansing System with Olay Fresh Effects {Shine, Shine Go Away!} Shine Minimizing Cleanser. I'm a big fan of Olay products so I was really excited to try this out especially since it's for cleaning your face which I'm always looking for good facial products.

The first thing I noticed was the awesome box. I love the design of it and the colors. I think it would stand out on a shelf. I also like the design of the actual product and brush too. It's small enough to carry while traveling and doesn't take up much space at all on a counter.

Now on to actually using it. I was quite amazed at the power of this little battery operated brush. It's a little noisy as it does make a vibrating sound but at least it works and doesn't just make a noise! Since it's a triangle shape I was able to reach hard to reach places such as the sides of my nose. I also think it's perfectly shape for the T-zone area on your face. It doesn't take much product at all since it will lather up. I think using a brush like this is better than say your fingers since you can avoid putting the oils from your fingers on your face. Plus sometimes people can be a little rough and apply too much pressure using only their fingers. Also with the brush the only skin the product comes into contact with is your face! There was a little tingling sensation but not a lot that it was annoying, at least in my opinion! It smells great too.

It's very simple to use and doesn't take much time at all. The instructions as stated on the box says to splash your face with water ( I used a rag to do this and it worked great for me.) as well as the brush. After that squeeze the cleanser on the brush (make sure to not squeeze a lot since it lathers up) and turn it on. As with most other products you want to apply in gentle circles and do this for about a minute.Finally just rinse your face and the brush with cool water. The box says it's safe to use in a shower but not to submerge it in water. I always used it after taking a shower since my pores were opened up and with any product I use it after the shower & it seems I get the best results doing so.

Here are the ingredients of the cleanser:
Water, Glycerin, Myristic Acid, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Potassium Hydroxide, Lauric Acid, Polyquaternium 10, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Kaolin, Pentasodium Pentetate, Niacinamide, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Iron Oxides

Posted below is me using the product. Also you can check out my Vine video too: https://vine.co/v/bHZnwwp0utt



You can buy on Amazon for $11.19 (normally $12.07) and shipping is free for any orders over $25. As you can see on there, there are many 5 star reviews. You can also find other places to buy such as Target and Walmart by going to their main page here. You can buy the cleanser ( 5 oz.) separate for $6.50 right now on Amazon, which is a deal since it's normally $9.99.

To check out more reviews from others on Influenster just go to the product page.

No comments:

Post a Comment