Thursday, December 20, 2012

College Voxbox 2012 from Influenster

I am a member of Influenster which is a site anyone can join that if you qualfy they will send you a voxbox for items to try. I was chosen for the College Voxbox 2012 and this is my review on the items I received. I am not paid to try or review any products from Influenster.

Below is a picture of all the items together which I will say when I first opened the box I was very happy with all the products included.






These are the imPress Press-On Manicure nails. I was given "Wink Wink."When I got these nails, I instantly loved the design and knew I wanted to wear them both on Thanksgiving Day and also that Saturday for what we call "the Ironbowl" which is just when the UA Crimson Tide plays the Auburn Tigers.

The instructions were very simple and easy to understand. I had no problem with applying them.For the most part they stayed on well. Although I thought they would come off during Thanksgiving while I was cooking, eating, and taking pictures. They didn't nor did they move at all while I was sleeping. The first time I took a shower none came off nor did they catch my hair. However by the 3rd day, one did come off but I was able to put it on again. I ended up taking them off on the 4th day because they still kept snagging on my hair when the beginning of the nail meets the cuticle. Also the sticky part underneath that was showing caught dirt as well. They were very easy to take off. I didn't have to use anything to help me take them off even though it stated you may.

Overall I did like them but I just don't think they are for me. For the price however ($5.99 for colors, $7.99 for patterns) it's not worth to buy in my opinion. Pictured below is when I wore them on Thanksgiving.


 imPress Press-On Manicure website: http://impressmanicure.com/

Broadway Nails website: http://www.broadwaynails.com/



 These are Mint Boost Energy Sheets. You can find them for $5.95 per pack of 10 sheets. Both my mom and I tried these. For me they worked well compared to other energy boosters I have tried. I did like the mint flavor and it does dissolve quickly on your tounge. Actually mine wanted to break apart and stick to my roof but I really didn't mind. As for my mom she used them and says the flavor was ok and that they really helped her to feel more energized on the job. Since these worked well I am interested in trying the sleep ones as well.

Sheets website: http://www.sheetsbrand.com/

This is the Pentel EnerGel-X pen. It does write in purple ink which I really loved the color of the ink. It wrote very smooth but the paper I used it on which was regular notebook paper, it bled a little through the back. I'm a big fan of gel pens and I would highly reccommend this pen. However it isn't exactly cheap at $1.50 per pen.

Pentel's website: http://www.pentel.com

 These are Necco Tropical Wafers. Flavors include lime, strawberry, mango, coconut, passion fruit, and banana. They were very tasty and fruity. I did enjoy all the flavors but my favorite would have to be lime and strawberry. My least favorite would be the coconut one but I'm not much a fan of coconut anyways. I let my mom, younger sister and youngest nephew tried them. All of them said they were ok However both my sister and I both agreed that they made our mouths feel dry a little. Overall I would buy these again and reccommend anyone to try them. You can find them for $1.25 each, $24.00 per box or $37.40 per Tub.

Necco's website: http://www.necco.com/

This is the NYC New York Color Show Time Glitter Eye-liner pencil. Since receiving this I have worn it many times including Thanksgiving. It really helped bring out my eyes more and complete the look I was going for. I love that there is glitter and it's not too much that it looks gaudy, it's just the right amount. I had no problems cleaning it off either, including the glitter. I received many compliments with this and definitely will be using it for Christmas as well as New Years. This is one product I would reccommend and I do intend on trying in other colors. I think for the price of $2.49 per pencil it's definitely worth trying out. It would make a great stocking stuffer in my opinion.

New York Color's website: http://newyorkcolor.com/

Overall I had a great experience with these products from the college voxbox. Thanks very much Influenster and all the brands of the products included for giving me a chance to try these products out.

No comments:

Post a Comment